Have you ever been involved in a motor vehicle accident? No one wants it to happen to them but the reality is that it might happen to you. If it does, being prepared for what happens directly after the accident is important.
What to do if you have an accident:
- Call the police is anyone is injured. If police are not needed, you will report the accident to your nearest Accident Reporting Centre (accsupport.com)
- If you have your phone handy and it is safe to do so, you should take pictures of the scene
- When it is safe, move your vehicle out of the way of traffic
- Record the information of the other party involved
- Call Roughley Insurance as soon as you can after the accident
We recommended never admitting fault to the accident. Our dedicated Claims Advocate will walk you through the claims process and will act on your behalf when dealing with the insurance companies. You can be sure that you will always have an advocate on your side throughout the entire process after your accident.
For more information, you can visit https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/auto/brochures/pages/brochure_accidents.aspx
Tip: Recently, there have been changes to the law on how tow truck operator’s conduct their business. These laws have been put in place to protect you! For more information, read our blog post at https://roughleyinsurance.com/ontariotowtrucklegislation/